Thursday, November 13, 2014

CCSS Activity 1


CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.R.1: Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it; cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text.


Second Grade
RL. 2.1
Third Grade
RL. 3.1
Fourth Grade
RL. 4.1

Standards
Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text.
Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.


Instructional Shifts:
·               Complex texts with use of academic vocabulary and a variety of content types
·               Evidence from text when responding to questions from readings
·               Building knowledge using content-rich nonfiction 

         I think this activity was a great way to demonstrate the concept of an anchor standard, which I was not very familiar with before. I can see the differences in this anchor standard from grade to grade and how they build upon one another. Also, the instructional shifts in the Common Core are understandable and make sense in how they will benefit students in the long run. I especially like the point of using nonfiction texts to build knowledge because it provides content-rich literature that students can learn with while practicing their reading skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment